Wednesday, 4 April 2012

A whole year of being greedy

 

I've just realized that, as of today, this blog is exactly one year old. A year! I'm amazed. I thought I'd only keep it up for a month or so, to be honest.


It's been quite a year. I've got married, gone on honeymoon, changed jobs, been promoted, moved house (twice), longed for a new home then got one, had so much happiness and more than a bit of sadness. 


In that year, almost 20,000 people have come to Dine at Mine. Shockingly, that can't just be my mum (although she's still been the most frequent, I'm fairly sure). From every corner of the globe, including some countries I've never even heard of, people have come here, read my inconsequential gabblings and looked at my overexposed, underlit, badly posed or not posed at all photos. I'm flabbergasted, to be honest, and incredibly, pathetically grateful. I don't know why they came, but I'm very glad they did.


There'll be plenty of cooking coming up over this long weekend - for one thing, my Kitchen Aid's dough hook is going to get its first outing - but for today, let's look backwards. Over the last year on this little patch of internet, I've cooked 128 recipes. Here, for your delectation and delight, are the reader's choice top 10:


 Spring Vegetable Lasagne with Tuscan Tomato Salad (the winner by a LONG way and, incidentally, something I made again just this weekend. So good, you've got to try it).




























Happy birthday blog-readers - thank you so much for the last year. Roll on year 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget